Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lost but not forgotten

You, my (un)faithful readers, that is.

Consider this a social experiment. A dismal failure of a social experiment. I stopped posting to this blog in June, and through July and August I received one (1) email from someone telling me they missed my blog.

The email was from my mother:I did not feel very "missed".

Three (3) things have pushed me back to Switzian. Firstly, my nephew was born, and he's adorable.

Second, I'm off to South Africa at the end of September and hopefully going to Canada in between, and since I've last blogged I've also been to Kenya, Tanzania, and Lyon (France) and I thought it might be good to post some pictures of that stuff. They will come in the next short while.... if I get three (3) comments from different people on this post, verifying that I am at least assured a mild readership.

Thirdly, I got a comment from Jules guessing on the MENA literacy test. I realized I have no idea if she's right or wrong anymore. Oh how things have changed from my heyday as a global literati.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the cutest new addition to your family!
if someone, anyone, could confirm my feeble attempt at the MENA, that would make my day (esp. longest serving head of state?!?)
keep up the posts, vive la switz!!

Aaron said...

Hey Ian,

The important thing to learn about blogs is that, despite the hype about being participatory, they end up being a very passive medium.

The second thing is that people use feed readers to check blogs...if you don't post, you don't show up in the feed reader. You can un-post yourself into obscurity.

The third thing is that baby photos play well to the crowd. Start photographing random babies, and you'll be assured a robust readership.

Glad you're posting again!

Cheers,

Aaron

Matthew said...

i missed you!

Brenda / Mom said...

You didn't tell ME about Lyon!

Seriously though, I have missed the blog and will look forward to the posts.

Matthew said...

No South African posts? I hear your voice is gone so what better time to write instead? After all, you've always been filled with free time since leaving for IMD... Good luck with your presentation!

Matthew said...

Do we get a final post before you leave?