Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm back and I'm bad

Well that's not technically true. I am back, but probably only temporarily. We have another Integrative Exercise this weekend, starting tomorrow (Friday) evening and ending on Monday at 5pm. I'm somewhat concerned about what it will entail, beyond the obvious (i.e., my entire weekend.) In other news, I heard an interesting factoid just now:

- in the first quarter of 2008, China's foreign reserves accumulated at a rate of $1 million per minute. That is, in 3 months, they accumulated $136 billion (US) of other peoples' money.

I am left wondering how much of it was mine.

Oh, one other factoid: one member of my class is a communist party member in China. Another used to be, but quit. Not sure why that's significant (after all, I know plenty of NDP & Liberal members in Canada, and I suspect Alison probably considered PC membership at some point in her Hugh Segal days!)

Inder: your present is still coming. It's sitting in my living room, mooing.

Ian

1 comment:

Brenda / Mom said...

So, are you finally integrated?